Factors that affect your speed
If you are used to super sonic internet speeds and realize you are slowing gauging down to snail internet speeds, try a few of these options to improve quality.
Just check these off your list!
- Clear out temporary files and Cookies. Any unnecessary space and memory being taken up should be cleared.
- If possible, reduce the number of applications that are running at the same time.
- Check the condition of your wires connecting to your computer.
- If the website is congested, it will slow down your speed. Try other websites or pathways that could work faster until the congestion decreases.
- Check to see if you are due for any upgrades or updates. Older or outdated programs are bound to run slower than the newer ones.
- One of the more obvious solutions, but often skipped, is to restart your computer once in a while!
- Try and change browsers. If any are smothered by excess toolbars, they have the potential to run slower.
- Make sure you test your computer for viruses regularly. They slow down computers, if not do worse.
Unfortunately, there are many factors that affect Internet speed that are outside of our control. However small the difference, these 8 procedures can improve the portions we can control. The next time you wonder just how fast is your internet, try these first.